Admissions for Current 8th graders
Admission to Cathedral High School is a simple, three-step process:
Step One: Submit an Admissions Application
Start your Admissions process by completing and submitting this brief Application Form
Step Two: TACHS Exam/Placement Test
Admissions to Cathedral High School is based on the performance on the TACHS (Test for Admissions into Catholic High Schools) and on a student’s 6th, 7th, and 8th grade report cards.
The TACHS Exam is taken by current 8th graders and is administered each November. You can register for the exam online at www.tachsinfo.com, or by calling 1-866-61TACHS.
Students may list Cathedral as their first, second or third choice on the TACHS. Scholarship consideration is given to students who place Cathedral first or second.
- Cathedral’s TACHS code is 202.
- For NJ Residents: You may take the COOP exam in place of the TACHS exam and the same instructions apply. You may register for this exam online at www.njcoopexam.org or by calling 1-888-921-COOP. NJ residents should request that their schools send their applicant records to Cathedral and Cathedral will request their COOP scores.
Students who did not take the TACHS or the COOP exams must complete an Admissions Application and submit it along with their Applicant Record
. Once Cathedral has received your completed Application, you will be required to take our placement exam. The cost for the placement test is $50 (cash only). After the exam, your application will be reviewed and you will be notified of your admissions status.
Step Three: Submit Recommendation Letters (Optional)
Teacher recommendation letters are accepted but not mandatory. If you would like to submit them, please use our Teacher Recommendation form.
- August 21, 2017: TACHS Registration Opens
- October 16, 2017: TACHS Online and Telephone Registration Deadline
- November 3, 2017: TACHS Exam
- January 10, 2018: Release of High School Admissions Notices
- March 7, 2018: Registration Day for Cathedral High School
Request More Information
- Click here to rsvp for our next Open House on Sunday, October 22, 2017! Come and meet the Cathedral High School Community and discuss in-person any questions you may have.
- Request more information phone at (212) 688-1545
- Fill in the form below to request more information online: